Ultra Fine Granular Lime
|Appearance||White round granule|
|Particle size||95% less 45 micron (average 20)|
|Granulation sizing||3-5 mm|
|Common rates of application||200-500kg/hectare|
|Pack sizes||1.1 T bags, 25 kg bags|
- OzcalTM can be applied by growers with standard fertiliser application equipment as a straight or blended with fertiliser.
- The ultra-fine particle size of Ozcal results in high reactivity of the pure calcium carbonate. Therefore, greatly reduced rates are applied compared to Aglime.
- Lower application rates allow growers to carry out annual soil maintenance combined with their fertiliser applications, rather than large singe doses of Aglime every 3-5 years.
- This product provides an efficient treatment for soil pH problems where calcium deficiency symptoms exist.
- Quick release upon contact with water for fast results.
The importance of neutralising value and particle size
Neutralising Value (NV) is an indicator of a Lime’s effectiveness in the soil at neutralising acid. Aglimes have a NV of 50% to 90%. Ozcal has a NV of 99% indicating high purity.
The smaller the particle size the more reactive the Lime is in the soil and the quicker acidity is neutralised.
Ozcal Brochure Understanding Liming Materials Ozcal – SDS Effect of Particle Size on Lime Efficiency Ozcal Increases Fertiliser Efficiency Ozcal Soil Trial Results Pasture Trial 2020 Lime Paper Summary
Ozcal is a trademark of Advantage Agriculture Pty Ltd